Friday, October 9, 2015

This message made my weekend.

I received this today from the Principal at Hope High School where I've been volunteering as a coach.

Here is the message from the Principal. (the Scrum Product Owner ;->)....
Today is our retro, Edwin is so excited about trying a new way that he found. He was busy last night in his classroom drawing diagrams and pics with his new fat markers. When I walked in and saw him preparing I said "well well Mr. Caspar, what do we have here?" He is really doing a fine job!

Edwin is a High School Teacher who organically became the Scrum Master for the team of Teachers at the high school. A post about Edwin at the start of his journey a few weeks ago can be found HERE.

Hope High School is part of Blueprint Education where they are working to bring Agile values and principals into the classroom to allow students to learn 21st century skills. This journey started for them through the introduction of Agile Classrooms.

They are also proud to be sponsored by the Scrum Alliance.

I am so happy to hear such positive news from the school and that things are taking off there for them in more than just the classroom.


Generating Insights
... from Edwin's Retrospective.
(c) Copyright Blueprint Education, 2015
Used with permission.


I understand the students started their own team to help the community. I'm so happy that students have the space to try something so awesome for themselves.

Now.... off to enjoy my weekend :->

Mike Caspar
Passionate About Agile

References: 

Hope High School (facebook page)
Scrum Alliance and Blueprint
Agile Classrooms


Are you looking for more info for your own school, district or classroom, contact John Miller at agileclassrooms@gmail.com .. or of course, feel free to reach out to me.